Friday, October 25, 2013

Ninety-First Passage

Last week I started working with Morgan and William on the "ough" and "aph" ending blends that make the F sound. Yesterday Morgan was reading a book and said to me, "Oh, Mommy! I always wondered what this word said, and now I know!"
Me: What word?
Morgan: Throff
Me: How do you spell it?
Morgan: T-H-R-O-U-G-H.
Me: Oh, no, that says through. Our language is confusing.

Then today he was reading again. He found another word that he was reading as "Thew". But nope, it said "though". Never have I been more frustrated with the English language inconsistencies than while teaching my children to read/spell.

Owen: You know why I like Ninja Turtles so much? Because they're always naked. Except Raf. Sometimes he wears a hat, or boots.

During a tantrum William explained/yelled in rage: I'm not a robot! I'm not going to be controlled by anyone else!

William: mommy, how much money would it be to never have to see you again?

After William had a coughing fit,
William: gah! I hate my throat!
Owen: then where would your head go?

Out if Lydia's mouth just now: I'm perfect! Tutu! Ballerina. Princess! I'm a princess, I'm a princess. Help me! Help me!

William: I hate it when my heart beats. That's when I get in trouble.

Morgan: I feel like I can burp my heart out.

Today Owen was asked to give the article of faith in primary. David and I went to watch and help if necessary. He did better than I thought he would and went up the the microphone without issue. But once he was there he got nice and close to the mic and said, "poo poo!" It was a face palming moment.

I was just discussing names for the baby with the kiddos. The boys were throwing out name suggestions, then Lydia chimed in: "how about Jesus?"
Made us all laugh.

Out of the blue, Owen burst into laughter and said, "What a funny thing to say, Teacher in my head."

No comments:

Post a Comment