Friday, October 11, 2013

Eighty-seventh Passage

Here's a little pregnancy update.

I never mentioned how follow-up ultra-sounds have gone. So, well, they've gone well.  The bright spots, or calcifications, got smaller and haven't progressed further. There really isn't worry there anymore. So, yay! And I did get a lab done which determined that I do not carry the cyctic fibrosis gene, so that was also ruled out.
Now I have only 3 weeks left. 3 WEEKS! That's not that far! It's a little crazy how soon it is, actually. This pregnancy has gone much faster for me than the other two. But I'm ready.

One of the pregnancy pains I deal with is Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction.  It sucks. Basically the relaxin hormone that is released during pregnancy to loosen the pelvis so as to add easier access for a baby does it's job a little too well. This causes great amounts of pain on my pubic bone and makes normally simple tasks, such as rolling over in bed, climbing the stairs, and putting pants on, very painful. Though it is't as bad as when I was pregnant with Lydia. Not nearly so.

We haven't decided on a name yet.

I had a baby shower. Lisa, David's mother, threw it for me. Lots of people came and graciously gave tons of cute gifts. It was a fun time!
Here are some pics that I stole from facebook.











So now we wait. I'm excited to meet my little girl! Not too much longer to go.
When I was pregnant with Lydia I knew she was going to be strong-willed. I could feel her strong personality. I may be wrong, but with this one I feel like she will be a more sweet, docile, personality, We'll see how good my prediction is.

No comments:

Post a Comment