Tuesday, January 20, 2015

153rd Passage

Top Ten of 2014
I almost forgot to do my top ten of the year. This list will be in chronological order with the ten events/occasions/happenings that had the most impact on my life. They will include the good, the bad, and the in between.

1. Allison's Baby Blessing
Early in the year we had the sweet experience of having Allison receive her baby blessing. David gave her a lovely blessing and it will always be cherished.

2.Writer's Conference
In the Spring I was able to go to a writer's conference at BSU. David fully supported it and watched the kids all day, even a young baby, so I could go. I loved it. I was even briefly all fired up about being a published author again. The coolest part was meeting with a real professional editor who read part of my manuscript and gave me feedback.

3. Baseball
The three boys got to be in baseball this past Spring/summer. It took up almost every night of the week for a couple months, which got a little old, but the games were always fun to watch. The older two loved it and are super excited to play it again this year.

4. Pregnant
I believe it was May when I found out I was pregnant. We learned the baby would be due Feb. 1, and only 1 1/2 younger than Allison. We looked forward to a new baby and a sibling so close in age to Alli.

5. Cameron and Casey came home
In July my two youngest brothers returned from their two year missions to Mississippi and Tennessee, respectively. They both came home on the same day. How fun! It's great having all the family together again.

6. California
David and I had been talking about going to California every summer since we were married. We finally did! We stayed with his grandmother and went to a ton of fun places, including the beach. We made some great memories and every one loved it!

7. Miscarriage
In August I went to the doctor for a routine appointment. I was 18 weeks along and was excited to set up the ultrasound that would reveal the babies gender. But at this appointment we learned that there was not heartbeat, and that the baby had died at 16 1/2 weeks. I didn't actually miscarriage for another two months. We had a baby boy.

8. Dance
I signed Lydia up for a dance class. She loves it consistently and is always excited to go. She had a dance recital in December, which was adorable.

9. Baptism
Morgan and William turned 8 in October and got baptized early November. They both were very excited about it, and now still talk about how awesome it was and how they wish they could do it again. David baptized them both and gave William the gift of the Holy Ghost. Morgan asked his Grandpa Nelson to give him the Holy Ghost. It was a wonderful day.

10. Prison Choir
My sister is a choir director for a choir that goes and sings at 4 prisons every December for their church Christmas program. David and I were in it this year. While the practices were many and time consuming, the experience was memorable and worth repeating.


No comments:

Post a Comment