Monday, December 2, 2013

Ninety-Eighth Passage

I have lots of blogging to catch up on.
First an Allison update.
We went to the pediatrician the day after she got home from the hospital. They weighed her then at 5.5 lbs. The doctor wanted to see her put an ounce a day. At her two week check up she was up to 6.1 lbs and was 17 inches long. So, that was great growth.

Allison is a good baby. We're learning her cries and what she needs. When she's hungry she does a lot of sniffing and snorting through her nose. If she doesn't get food quick, she lets out some really urgent and angry wails. She really doesn't give me a long grace period.
Alli is adorable. She spends a lot of time awake, and it's even during the day now. She seems like a very contented, happy, baby.


She does this funny thing where she turns her head away from you but looks at you out of the very corner of her eye. I think it's funny.
She also opens just one eye often. Always the left eye. I think she wants to be a pirate when she grows up.
It hasn't been as tough as I envisioned, adjusting to a family of 5 kids. It works. I like it. She's my pretty princess pie. 
Oh, and Allison yawns more than anyone I know.




No comments:

Post a Comment