Thursday, March 28, 2013

Post-it #87

Big girl Lydia! I decided I was ready for Lydia to be in a toddler bed. It was basically out of laziness. I didn't like that she had to be let out of her little prison every morning and nap time. She often wakes up at inconvenient times, and I'd rather her just wander out of her room to find me.
So a couple days ago I mentioned to David that I wanted Lydia in a toddler bed real soon. Being the awesome husband he is, he started the process within the hour. We happened to have this toddler bed that David made for Owen when he was much younger. It works.
The first night in her big girl bed, I wasn't even around. I took off for volleyball right after we put the kids in bed. David tells me though, that he was constantly up to tell Lydia to stop playing with her toys, to get back in her room, to keep the light off, etc. Apparently this carried on for about an hour and a half. Oops.
But this morning it was great! I slept in nice and long, (the boys contentedly drew for awhile) and normally Lydia will be calling from her crib to be let out. But when I got out of bed I went in to her room and she was just sitting and playing with her toys. Yay!
I think this will work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment