Thursday, March 21, 2013

Post-it #81

I've lately noticed that William says "cake" in place of "take."  I don't know how I've missed it for the better part of a year, but I have. So in the past month or so I have been working with William to correct that word. If he says, "Are you going to cake us to karate?" I have him repeat the whole sentence, but replace cake with take. He often resists and persists in saying cake over and over, but when he wants to stop repeating the sentence he'll do it right. :)
Anyway, he's doing much better these days, and he'll even catch himself saying cake and start the sentence over and do it right, without any prompting.
There was one unforeseen consequence to this though. William was having a conversation with David and somehow cake came up. Actual cake that you eat. William said something like, "are we going to eat the take?" David corrected him and said it was cake. William piped in with , "No, mommy says it take!" So David explained the difference of the words, spelled them both out, and told him about their proper usage. I think it's funny. I didn't anticipate that at all, but it makes sense that he would think cake was take, since his whole life take was cake. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment