Sunday, January 6, 2013

Post-it #68

I was downstairs, Morgan, Owen, and Lydia were upstairs. I heard the beginnings of a major kerfuffle. I made my way upstairs, not in any hurry, since the damage seemed to have been done already. On the way upstairs, I heard Lydia screaming bloody murder, and Morgan shouting at the top of his lungs, "NO! GET OFF HER, OWEN! LYDIIIAAAAAAAA!"
I rounded the corner into the boys bedroom door. Morgan saw me immediately from his post up on his bed. Owen was only two feet from me, facing the other direction. Lydia was lying down at his feet, crying. Then this happened.
Morgan: Owen pushed Lydia down! (Shouted at me, though Owen didn't know I was there.)
Owen: She's already down.
Morgan: Uuugh! No! Owen pushed Lydia down!
Owen looks down at Lydia, and then back to Morgan, and flustered, said: I already pushed her down!
It's hard not to laugh, knowing that Owen is interpreting Morgan's comment as "Owen, push Lydia down!"
Me: (grabbing Owen's shoulder for extra effect) Then you can have a timeout.
Owen jumped a foot in the air, then I guided him to the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment