Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Thirty-sixth Passage

Since we started learning how to read and write in school, William has started writing notes to people. It really is great that he is using his new found skills and practicing writing, even when it's not school time, and I tell him so, but I still think he could use his talents to a better purpose.
Here are some of the notes that he's done recently.

When he gifts me with these little gems, I do my best to read them. He's finally starting to try and put spaces in between the words, so that helps, but sometimes they are just indecipherable.  And when I read them outload, like he insists, it's pretty clear to him that I have no idea what some of the words say. Then he lets out a big sigh, maybe even a groan, and takes the paper. He usually won't tell me what it's supposed to say, I guess because he's much too proud for that. But the one above, says, "You are not the prettiest. But thanks for not dreaming about me."
I read the first line by myself, but on this rare occassion, William actually told me what the rest said. I have no idea what he meant by the dreaming thing. None at all.

Here's another of his writings. This one he wrote and presented to David and I during church.

After much studying, I think it's supposed to say, "You two are not the best. I don't like you the best." He mixed up the words some, left out some key letters, but I think that's it.

We've also seen notes about how he hates us, how we're the worst parents, etc. I receive a larger volume of hate letters that David though. I suppose it's better than the drawings he used to do of me on fire, or of me squished by a rock, or otherwise dead.

There have been occasion when he's written "I luv yoo" or something. Mostly to David. I try to encourage those. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment