Thursday, March 20, 2014

117th Passage

Lydia is so unabashed. There is a man we sometimes see at church who doesn't have arms. Lydia walked up to him in the hall and said "why you don't have hands?!" He replied nicely with something like, "oh, I guess I forgot them. I left them in Nam." Lydia accepted it with an "oh."

Lydia: where is Jesus?
Me: He's in Heaven.
Lydia: I wanna go to heaven with Jesus!

William just asked me a question during school, and while I was answering him, he tapped my shoulder and interrupted with the exact same question I was in the middle of answering.

In a pouty voice, Lydia: I want Jesus, but he won't come back today!
Me: nope, not today, but we will see Him someday.
Lydia: He's my Jesus.

Lydia: mommy, can I help you put on your makeup when I'm bigger?
Me: sure. When you're bigger you can help me with my makeup. That will be fun.
Lydia: okay! Tomorrow we will go to bed and wake up and be bigger and I will help you!

Morgan: you're the most annoying person I know.
William: then you should get rid of me.
Morgan: how?
William: set a trap for me and put me in a box and sell that box to somebody.

William: I don't think I'm going to scream if I get kidnapped, because I scream like a girl and I don't want everyone to know.

Owen came to me with tears in his eyes and a giant pouty face and said: Lydia won't stop helping me with my chores and I don't want her to help me. 

Me: Lydia, you've been much nicer to the baby lately, thank you.
Lydia: yeah, she's my favorite friend!

Owen just told me about his imaginary friend named AirySmell who likes to fart in Owen's face. Oh, and he's a giant.


David: "Morgan come downstairs. It's time for dinner."
Morgan: "Daddy, I forgot what I was doing when I went upstairs so I accidentally took my clothes off."

No comments:

Post a Comment