Friday, January 17, 2014

110th Passage

Morgan: I'm glad that robbers always dress in a certain way. With a gray shirt and black pants and sometimes an eye thing and a hat. That way the police always know if they're a robber. But why don't they just dress like normal people?

Owen: Morgan, what's pressure?
Morgan: pressure is when there is too much water on you and you get smashed. Your brain gets squished, and blood is spewing out of you, and the water turns red.

Lydia: mommy. Mommy...mommy!
Me: yes, Lydia?
Lydia: I like Jesus.
Me: I like Jesus, too.
Lydia: boys, you like Jesus?

Owen: guess what, guys? I can speak girl.
Morgan: of course you can speak girl. Girls speak just like boys.

Morgan: we haven't seen the libary one.
Owen: libRary, not libary. Cause then it would be a lie and a berry.

Almost every morning during chores, I get to hear the boys bidding for Lydia to help them. "Want to help me? I'm cleaning the bathroom. You can clean the counter." "Want to help me, Lydia? I'm cleaning the living room, you can do the shoes." "Lydia, you can help me clean the kitchen. I'll let you wipe the table."
And then Lydia makes a choice, garnering two groans and one cheer from her brothers.

Morgan, who is 7, has been working on some pretty simple math this morning, which he can do, but doesn't want to do. So he's already using the age old complaint "why do I need to learn this? Why is math even in the world??"

This morning I was bathing Allison, (which she hates) and Lydia was "helping." She said, "hey, baby has my pee pee!" Yes Lydia, you are both girls. Can you tell she learns her vernacular from her brothers?

Morgan: "Daddy, guess what my favorite whale is?"
David: "A killer whale?"
Morgan: "Nope"
David: "A blue whale?"
Morgan: "Nope, my favorite is the sperm whale. Because I know the most about sperm whales. And I think sperm is a funny word."

Morgan: "it will take three minutes to get home."
William: "I think it will take five."
Morgan: "Daddy, how much is 120 plus 60?"
David: "One hundred eighty"

Morgan: "See, William, Daddy says it will take three minutes to get home 'cause sixty plus sixty plus sixty is three minutes."

No comments:

Post a Comment