Thursday, January 9, 2014

108th Passage

It was a Monday afternoon. I only had three children at home, which would usually mean a little more peace. Not that Monday. Allison was doing one of her things where she was screaming and nothing would console her. I tend to get a little stressed and frazzled when my babies cry for prolonged periods and nothing I do fixes it. This was the time that Morgan chose to ask for a candy cane from the Christmas tree. I permitted it.
I'm not sure what prompted me to look behind me at where Morgan was, but I looked in time to see him yanking on a candy cane hard enough to pull the entire tree over. He was lucky enough to avoid getting smashed.
While dealing with that and the crying baby, Lydia started having a melt down about a candy cane. Huge tantrum.
I hadn't planned on taking the Christmas tree down until after New Years, but since I had the option of putting all the ornaments back on the tree, or packing them up, I opted for the latter.

Later that day I had the baby asleep and I needed to make a quick phone call. I went upstairs to my room where it would be quiet. The phone call lasted 2 minutes. I know this because I looked at the details of the call on my phone. When I got downstairs the water in the bathroom sink was running and it was plugged.
I let the water drain, then I went out into the kitchen to question Lydia about the sink. That's when I spotted poor Allison in the swing with soaking wet hair.
I ordered a timeout for Lydia. The ensuing tantrum prompted me to enforce a nap instead, which she took after yelling and screaming herself to exhaustion.
Fun days.

No comments:

Post a Comment