Monday, July 15, 2013

Post-it #111

Morgan and William have both recently finished reading their very first chapter books, all by themselves.  Most of the motivation behind the reading might be the fact that they can earn tv points from doing it, but I think the activity is growing on them. They'll read in the car and stuff. It makes me pleased.

They both read Magic School Bus books, which I think is great, because they learn about twisters, or sharks, while also learning how to read more fluidly. I notice a markable difference in their reading skills from the beginning of the summer when they started the books to now, when they finished them. They are faster, more confident, and fluid. And they comprehend it too! When asked what it was about, Morgan came out with lots of details about the characters, their names, and what happened in the book. I was impressed. William remembered the end of his pretty well. I think the first half he was mostly figuring out how to just read, rather than remembering what he was reading. But there is vast improvement!

No comments:

Post a Comment