Monday, February 18, 2013

Post-it #78

This week I finished reading The Indian in the Cupboard to the boys. They really liked it, I think. In fact, they payed much better attention to this book than any of the others, and they would ask questions about the story, and they would comment on how it made them feel. At one point William said, "If Boone dies, I'm going to cry. He better not die."
Don't worry. Boone didn't die. :)
We watched the movie Saturday night. I remember liking it as a kid. But I don't remember the swearing in it, (at one point the boy actor said the "d" word, which prompted Owen to immediately repeat it!) or, in one scene, the brief shots of a music video about "girls, girls girls!" dressed scantily and dancing erotically. That wasn't something I was happy to endorse by sitting there with my impressionable boys and watching this movie I recommended...
But the book was great!

No comments:

Post a Comment