Monday, February 18, 2013

Fifty-fourth Passage

Valentines Day was great. We gave the kids some valentines.





 We didn't do as much school as normal, because I wanted to be sure to have time to make cupcakes with the kiddo's for Valentines for family members.

We had some picked up, and delivered others.

But the best part of Valentines Day was my date with my Valentine. My mom came over and watched Morgan and Lydia for us, and then our date was started. We went out to dinner, then just went to Cabella's to look at tents and bows, and, on the spur of the moment, we went to Toys R Us and bought a new board game called Dixit, which is actually pretty fun, and the older boys can even play it with us. We also stopped at Starbucks for hot chocolate and a smoothie.

Oh, and David spoiled me rotten. Check it out. A dozen red roses, a box of chocolates, a stuffed animal, a little journal with pens, and a lovely white gold necklace.

This made me feel a little foolish for the very inexpensive gifts I got for him. But I did give David an awesome card, if I do say so myself! I found a great greeting card at Wal-mart, that was like a mini-book, and it kinda sounded like it was in my voice, ya know? So I got it. Then I got the idea to cut our heads out of pictures of us, and glue them onto the stick figures. And it turned out to be the best card I've ever given. Or seen...

Lookit!

1 comment:

  1. Very cute card..and a very good idea to customize it. I loved it.

    ReplyDelete