Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Post it # 36

I have much to blog about, but most of the posts I have in mind require pictures that are only on my phone and I don't have time to get the cord to put them over to the computer just now.

So, canning! I've never done my own canning before, but have had interest in it. It seemed rather daunting though, and I've never had the necessary materials. My mom canned some things, but I think the most I really helped with it was to peel apples or something. There is more to canning peaches than peeling apples though. :)
So I went to a Relief Society Tuesday meeting where they taught us some basics of water bath canning and pressure cooking. Then on Sunday a friend in our ward brought us a bucket of peaches. So on Monday I sent David to the store to buy some mason jars, (12 for nearly $20!! Yikes!) And yesterday I used all 12 jars to can the peaches. They all sealed an everything. Makes me happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment