Sunday, September 16, 2012

Twenty-Fifth Passage





Lydia is two! And guess what? All the pictures and video's that I took on her birthday have been deleted permanently. Yeah, yeah, I need to get over it. My brother, Jason, took a some photos though, so we do have some photo documentation! They are all blurry though, but that's often a symptom of trying to catch Lydia on camera.

Anyway, some family came over Labor Day afternoon to celebrate. Lydia was spoiled with many gifts. Clothes and toys. She got some more dress up things though, which she loves to have and play with.



Lydia did great blowing out her birthday candles. I got the whole thing on video... :*( It was actually funny, because she put her lips right up close to the flame, which caused all the women in the room to do their own variations of shrieking to scare her away. But, she got both candles extinguished without any harm to herself or anyone else.

Lydia, at two, is pretty girly. She loves clothes, especially dresses and shoes, and already has a preference for pink. She's a great mommy to her dolly's, and likes to carry them around in blankets. She loves jewelry and pretty things.
Lydia also likes to play with her older brothers. Unfortunatly for her, they don't always share the sentiment, (something about, "Lydia's going to ruin our Legos!" or "Lydia's stealing our cars!")
The trampoline is one of Lydia's favorite things. It doesn't always make sense, because if anyone is up there with her, she gets bounced around a bit, and screams bloody murder. But if she is removed, she screams bloody murder. But she always wants someone right there with her.
That's another Lydia thing at 2. She SCREAMS and whines a lot. We're still working on understanding her gibberish, which is improving, but until we communicate better, I suspect she will keep up the screaming.
But boy do I love my Lydie. She's silly, dramatic, bold, sassy, and adorable. Happy birthday, little Lydie lady!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Lydia..you are such a doll!

    I wouldn't be over the loss of pictures either..I think I would feel a little bad for a long time.

    When my kids got to the screaming stage (especially because they couldn't communicate what they wanted), I started teaching them "baby signs". Some of them were "offical" and some of them were my own. But it greatly decreased the screaming. I couldn't stand the screaming!

    ReplyDelete