Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Post-it #22

We have a morning glory problem in our backyard. Those pesky weeds are taking over the lawn. But the boys don't see them as weeds, they see them as pretty flowers.
William, in his sweetness, picks me a few flowers on a daily basis. Throughout the day he will bring me one flower at a time, then go back to play. Often Morgan and Owen observe this, so they do it too. What a lucky mom I am. 
 It is 1:45 p.m. as I write this and William has already given me five flowers today.
I remember when I was a little girl and picking dandelions or those little purple field flowers by the handful and presenting them to my Grandma Martin. What I remember so keenly about it was her eager reception of them. I remember her putting the weeds, given to her in love, in a cup of water and placing them on the window sill. And I remember how it made me feel. So, I found my vase with the smallest opening and filled it with water to preserve the sweetness of sweet gifts.


No comments:

Post a Comment