Thursday, June 14, 2012

Tenth Passage

One of my favorite moments of melding our two families together happened about 3-4 weeks after we were married. David needed to get his ipad replaced, so we all went to the apple store in the Boise mall.  To keep the boys entertained and out of trouble, laptops with a camera and funny camera effects were set up for them. I went from computer to computer to change the current camera effect for each boy, but soon Morgan figured out how to change it himself. At one point William wanted his changed and an employee overheard and came over to assist him.  Morgan told the employee that he knew how to change it all by himself. The employee said, "Well then, why didn't you help your brother?"
Morgan looked at the man with confusion and said, "Brother?"
The man replied, "Oh, he's not your brother?"
Morgan, in amazement, asked, "How did you know he was my brother?"
The employee said, "Well, you came in together, look the same, blonde hair, it just made sense." 
The whole time I just observed this happily. I love going places as a family where people won't know us and won't know that we're a mixed family. I like it when people assume that I am the mommy of William and Owen. I like being a family of six, rather than two separate families of three that are joining together. 

Another time I met a neighbor of ours who was asking about our family. She told me that my kids all look just like me. As much as I disagree, I was happy to hear it! 

1 comment: