Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Twelfth Passage

I'm going to do a new chapter of this blog. Pictures of things the kids break.

I'll do a few retroactive pictures to start.

There have been broken drinking glasses, ripped up books, branches torn off the trees, you know, the normal stuff.

David has an ipad. He had a stylus for the ipad. The kids like to play with the ipad. Morgan was playing with David's ipad and using the stylus, and decided to rip the rubber tip off. Bah! So David bought a new stylus. (They aren't cheap.) Owen was the culprit this time. First he dipped it in water so the rubber got all dry and crackly. Then I do believe he ripped it off when using it.
The kids were jumping on the trampoline with the sprinkler under it, but thought it would be more fun to play with the sprinkler and hold it, and aim it at their brothers. It resulted in a fatality. William was at fault for this one.
 My sister, Stephanie, gave David and I this resin figurine for a wedding gift. We really liked it. I guess the boys did too. The story we have pieced together from the accounts of guilty 3 and 5 year olds goes something like this. Owen was holding the figurine. He was also holding a flashlight. William wanted the flashlight, so ripped it from Owen's hand, causing Owen to drop the figurine.
William and Owen got to buy the glue that will hopefully fix it.

Our kids seem mighty destructive. Is that normal, or are our boys just over achievers?

2 comments:

  1. It's not just your boys! It's the PACK mentality that comes with more than one boy! :)We have a willow tree figure that is a father kneeling with his son...and the son is headless! I kept it that way as a reminder of what happens if we disobey! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom swears her kids were perfect angels and took care of their things. I mostly believe her. My boys seem bent on destruction and get them with their cousins (4 boys together) and it seems nothing stays intact. Super frustrating. Stuff I have had for 20-30 years and they get it and it is gone. My mom's advice (hahahhaa) is to teach them to take care of things. I am trying. (I often yell "NOT EVERYTHING IS A TOY!!!)

    ReplyDelete