Friday, May 25, 2012

Sixth Passage

I've been wanting to blog about our family bowling outings, but I'm having technical difficulties. Instead, a birthday blunder.

I had a great birthday. David wasn't feeling very well, and was actually able to come home from work early. He helped me with chores, he gave me a present, (Dominion, a board game) which we played,  and then when William and Owen arrived from their mom's, we all went to Wal-Mart as a family, to pick up the cake that David had ordered.
We have four kids, and sometimes it's difficult to wrangle them all while in the store. Lydie gets the baby seat in the cart, and Owen wanted to ride inside the basket of the cart. We let him. We got the cake. We told him not to squish it. We went to pick out ice cream. David and I were occupied with that for a few moments. I put the selected ice cream in the cart with Owen and saw the cake looking much different than it did when we put it in there. See below.
When asked what happened, he told us that he stepped on it. Of course, "why?" was the next question. "Because I didn't want any cake." 
Needless to say, he didn't ride in the cart anymore. In fact, he threw a tantrum for the rest of the time in the store because he couldn't. So, that was fun. 
The cake was still yummy though!

Back at home David made dinner, (lasagna) and tried to get me to do nothing productive.
Soon after dinner David's parents arrived to drop off a gift, (Thanks!) and stayed for cake and ice cream, and another game of Dominion, and chatting. It was a great evening.
My husband spoils me, and I'm so happy to have him!
Oh, I'm 28, and that feels so close to 30. It's worse too, because David won't even be 27 until August. So young, he is...

No comments:

Post a Comment