Monday, February 23, 2015

160th Passage

We had the awesome opportunity to do a homeschool field trip to the Nampa airport where a fellow homeschooling dad works. He offered to explain all about the little airplane and how it works and show the kids all the parts, and for $50 three of us got to fly! I decided that was so cool that I signed up for two flights for our family so all the kids could get to do it. But when I told them the exciting news William and Owen were close to tears with terror. What?! We couldn't talk them into trying, so I cancelled the second flight. But Morgan, Lydia, and I got to go. 


 Lydia's favorite part was probably the headsets. She liked making noise in them so she could hear herself.
 Morgan got to take the pilots seat! He even got to take the wheel and steer us. The pilot said he was nice and cautious, which was good because there weren't any wild turns.

 Lisa kindly came with to sit with Allison while we flew.



 We flew to South Nampa and over by Lake Lowell. This happens to be the area where I grew up and my parents currently live, so I mentioned this and the pilot took us right over their neighborhood and house. Theirs is the one right in the center to the right of the house lined with evergreens.
It was a really cool experience. I think I enjoyed it more than the kids, but that's okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment