Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Sixty-second Passage

April 20, 2013 was a good, good, day, and one that I'd been looking forward to for a year. David and I were sealed at 8:45 in the morning. We took care of all the necessary permissions and cancellations, and made it happen. It was a special experience, and one I'll forever be happy I had. Because I get to have my David forever! What's not good about that?
The children were at the temple too, so they could be a part of it. They were just in the waiting room, of course, but afterward we all took pictures together. 







These are many of the people who came to see the sealing, but not all.


I don't know if Morgan had to go to the bathroom or what, but there were a couple pictures where he's standing like a flamingo.



Lydia was all over the place, and ran a circle around these tulips while counting, "1,2,3,4,5,6,9,2,3,4,5,6,7,9,2..."




After the temple, we went to my parents' house. We had invited several people over for a party, and so we had lunch, chairs, tables, and decorations to get ready. We didn't have as much time as I'd thought, so started a bit late. Many of our guests weren't able to come anyway. 

A lady in my ward volunteered to make me a cake, and she did a beautiful job! And she wouldn't accept payment, either. I had expected a one layered cake, but she went above and beyond. I love it! Isn't it pretty?
After we ate, David and I sang a song we wrote together. I'm not an excellent singer, and I don't know how to sing loud, so sorry if you can't hear the words. David wrote the music, and we both wrote the lyrics. 

Lyrics:
Tilt your head forward, 
look at me over
The top of those glasses 
tell me you love me so.

When your eyes meet mine, 
and you smile at me,
My heart starts to swell 
so I tell you I love you so.

Search my heart with those pretty blue eyes 
I want you to know that I'm yours for all time.

I See forever when you speak my name, 
so say it again, 
and erase all my pain. 

Beautiful, wonderful, 
lovely too
patient and kind
I'm in love with you.

Thoughtful and strong, 
handsome too,
you own my heart 
and I trust it with you.

So sacred I'm serene, 
this one moment that we share.
So precious in God's sight, 
Angels will be there.

In heaven I would be 
lonely, if I weren't with you.
My heart explodes with Joy knowing, I'll be yours there too. 

Kneeling across from you 
your right hand in mine 
you are looking so beautiful 
all clothed in white

Inside the mirrors, 
together we stand 
our image of love 
Can forever extend. 

It was a lovely day outside, which was very fortunate, because all the days surrounding it were much colder, rainier, and windier.
I love David so much, and I'm so happy to finally be sealed to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment