Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Sixty-sixth Passage

We wanted to do something fun on Memorial Day. Unfortunately we only had Morgan and Lydia this year, so it couldn't be the whole family.
First we went to Wilson Ponds and walked around a bit.
We picked some flowers for Lydia's hair.
Then we met up with my brother and his family, and my mom, at a place in Melba. David called it birds of prey, but I didn't ever see a sign to indicate that. They did have peacocks...
It was just a little nature walk thing with signs with little religious sayings, and little statues, lots of bird houses, and fun little things to look at. We had fun.
Here is Kaien, Emmy, and Morgan, hanging out in a gazebo.
We ended up back at my brothers house for a barbecue and games.
It was a fun day, and a nice way to spend time with David before he left for Iowa for the rest of the week.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you were @ the Swayne Museum on the river. Kevin & I spent part of our last anniversary out there exploring and found it to be a sort of reverent, meditative, fun-to-explore place. Since then I had thought to myself, "Wouldn't that be a fun place to take Morgan & Lydia exploring?"
    Kevin & took our pictures sitting next to Mark Twain and Shakespeare.

    ReplyDelete