Friday, April 20, 2012

First Passage

Let me tell you a little factoid about Lydia. She likes stuffing things in her nose. And ears. If she gets a hold of a pen I don't worry about her drawing on things, I worry about her jamming it as far into her nose as she can. And my worry is completely justified. In fact, she gets ink marks inside her ears, which is a tell-tale sign that she's had a pen.
Yesterday Lydia was sitting in her high chair eating a grilled cheese sandwich. I left her to it and was going about doing housework. I went and checked on her.
 Saw some of this...

 I pulled her finger out of her nose and saw that there was definitely bread jammed up there. And because I'm blogging again, of course I took pictures before extracting it.
 She has much littler fingers than me, so she had it up farther than I could reach. So I squeezed her nose, with a pimple-popping method in mind. It worked! I got the end out and gingerly pulled. I was actually shocked when it kept coming out, and getting bigger.
And here is the snot covered piece of bread that was closer to Lydia's brain than any food ever should be.

Maybe I'll start keeping a picture log of all the things I find in Lydia's nose. This isn't an isolated incident.

1 comment:

  1. What a curious stinker! Surely they make little needle nose plyers (aptly named) just for such occasions, as I think you will need them! I would have never suspected a sandwich - peas, corn, cheerios, yes, but not a sandwich! Have fun, little mommy!

    ReplyDelete